Many castings are machined in CNC Milling centres, which is a very common technique and allows for greater dimensional capability and repeatability than many other casting processes. Specialist Castings provide a wide range of capabilities in 3, 4 and 5 axis machining and our programming flexibility extends to a broad set of roughing and finishing options that can be applied to any individual design.
In Milling, the element is securely clamped to a machine table and then the cutting tools move and rotate at maximum speed to create a variety of features on the face of the casting. This can be carried out on a vertical or horizontal axis. At Specialist castings we believe that first-rate cutting strategies and optimised machining specifications creates a high quality finish and provides high speed machining, maximising value and productivity.
CNC Milling Advantages
- Extensive programming options from roughing and finishing.
- A variety of capabilities from manual to fully automated tool paths.
- Maximum productivity through high speed machining.
- Fully automated detection and machining of uncut rest material.
- Automatic collision for tool and damping fixtures.